LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
We, every now and then hear or read such phrases like:
Life is beautiful … Live it to the fullest … Life is god’s gift, Respect it …Love it….Live it….
But have we ever thought why so much emphasis is given on such things … Why do we get to read and hear so much about life? Why we need to respect our life so much? Ever given a thought to this?
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
These 3 simple words have very deep and true meaning. We take life and everything around us for granted that we hardly realize life’s worth. When we’re busy running around competing with others and have time to do this, reach there, achieve this, beat him, we get lost but forget to enjoy the special gift that is life (after all only a privileged few get this opportunity of life and a selected few get the gift of human life).
You being able to read this or I being able to write this for you to read is in itself one of the things you’ve been gifted with….. Only a blind/ physically disabled person can tell you how lucky you are to be able to do it. They know life’s worth and they show respect to it unlike you, because they know how it feels when you lack something!!!
Today, in the cutest voice, my daughter asked me to start recycling. I chuckled and asked, “Why?” She replied, “So you can help me save the planet.” I chuckled again and asked, “And why do you want to save the planet?” She said, “Because that’s where I keep all my stuff.”Even a toddler can understand this small thing that we should respect and value god‘s given gift then why can’t we respect our life god‘s biggest gift.
As they say good things come in small packages…. life’s beauty is in those small; special moments which make us go “Ahh!”In those real moments in life where we share that 1 piece of cake among 5 friends or offering your seat to that old aunty in the bus (gives you inner joy). We crib about going to college at least we don’t have to sell anything at the signal.
Nobody said life would be flawless, but they promised life would be worth it how to live life and enjoy every moment of life … Let me share with you all small mantras to live your life beautifully:
- Breathe: – Inhale fresh air from the great outdoors. Stay in the moment, slowing down enough to enjoy the simple things in life.
- Smile: – Practice in the mirror, if need be. Then try it out on at least two other people. See if it really is contagious.
- Rest: – Sit back and relax in a chair that reclines. Then close your eyes and wait for it: that sigh of contentment.
- Read: – Preferably something that provokes you, lifts you, challenges you, entertains you, inspires you or encourages you. But if you are not in the mood for any of that, read Face book statuses. They’ll do in a pinch.
- Walk: – Go for long walks. By you, this will be rejuvenating. With a friend, it will be motivating.
- Work: – Work hard at what you do. Give it 100 % while you are at it. Then, when you are done the task, leave it alone. And go play.
- Play: – Play harder than you work. Life is about more than just going through the motions. Enjoy the moments that matter most to you.
- Choose joy: – It is part attitude, part emotion and part choice. If you choose joy, you are one-third of the way there already.
- Have faith: – It can move mountains. It’s pretty good at molehills too.
- Treat yourself:-Buy something without any reason. Then use it a lot…
- Love:-Love quietly, love loudly. Love anyway.
- Exercise: – Set goals and achieve them. Then set new goals. Keep at it. And make it doable.
- Photograph Much: – Use your camera to capture your life. A picture is actually worth more than 1000 words. If you look close enough.
Live Life to the fullest, as they say it is not the years in your life but the life in your years that matter.
( International Trainer, Motivator & Coach
Edexcel Level – 4 Btec Professional Award ( UK)
ITOL Diploma in Coaching Excellence (UK) )