Do’s for becoming a Successful Person
“It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” –Confucius
Success comes in many ways and forms. What’s interesting is that most successful people have very similar qualities.
If you want to achieve your life’s dream and be wildly successful,
you need to model yourself after people who are living their dream. The more qualities you have in common, the higher your chances for being wildly successful.
“Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny.”
We all start out in life as being quite ordinary and many remain that way. The few who have become extraordinary should do for/since becoming a successful person:
- Definite Aim, Vision and Purpose – Successful people constantly seek clarity in their lives. They know what they want and they follow their own dream. Vague desires and beliefs lead to vague outcomes. It is this sense of direction that gives them the staying power to achieve them their dreams.
- Expertise and Excellence – No matter what they pursue, they become the best in their field. There is no job too small and successful people strive for excellence. They pursue mastery and understand that money is a by-product of value which they offer.
- Focused – People who experience success know how to concentrate. They realize that they cannot do everything and they focus on the activities that will give them the highest return on the goals which they want to achieve. They don’t believe in the hype of multi-tasking and they know that the fastest way to finish your to-do is doing them one at a time.
- Positive Attitude and Perseverance – Extraordinary people have realistic optimism. Realistic because they take action and optimistic because no matter what the result may be, they believe their success is inevitable. They believe that like a child learning to walk, they need to take action first and then modify the action according to the feedback that they get. This positive attitude allows them to persevere and be resilient when things don’t go their way.
- Flexible – Most successful people became successful doing something different from what they initially intended to do .This is normal because the world is always changing and they know a lot more now than when they started. Successful people know that if their reasons for doing what they are doing changes, there is no point to continue.
- Masters of Time – Successful people are successful because they get a lot done. The only way to do that is by making the most out of the allotted 24 hours we all get. Extraordinary people value their time and see the direct connection between how they spend their time and their well-being. They are usually always on time and “train” those that deal with them to respect their schedule by implementing strict start and end times for meetings.
( International Trainer, Motivator & Coach
Edexcel Level – 4 Btec Professional Award ( UK)
ITOL Diploma in Coaching Excellence (UK) )